Friday, May 13, 2011

Your Kindess Touched my Heart

Happy Thursday, everyone!!  I hope this morning is finding you refreshed and ready to finish out your week.  Anyone else looking forward to the weekend?  I know that I am, although it looks like it is going to be a little bit busy.  We have a college graduation party on Saturday for the son of some good friends of ours.  It will be great to get to spend some time with them as well, as they live in London now- so we don't see them very often.  Then I have a baby shower on Sunday for one of my lifelong friends, Stephanie.  She has actually already had the little one, so I will get to see her too!!  Yay for babies!! (I am sure you will see a handmade card here in a couple days that is just for Steph! Tee hee!)

Well, today I have a card to share with you for Stamper's Dream.  It uses two different JustRite Stamper's sets...and older and a newer release.  They go together perfectly, and I happen to just love mixing and matching JustRite stamps!

I used The Pink Elephant challenge #99, which happens to be a sketch.  Flourishes also has two challenges going on that I created it for.  The first is their "Let's Get 3 in a Row" challenge.  They have a grid of items, and you pick one row of items that has to be on your card.  I picked the row that included bling, flower, & ribbon.  I also created it for Flourishes "Timeless Tuesday" #117, as it is an "Anything Goes" challenge!  Gotta love having a free for all sometimes!!  I also created this using Color Throwdown #141 (So Saffron, Rose Red, & Aqua).  Here is what I created:
"Your Kindness Touched my Heart" supplies: 
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (kraft) 
Paper: Webster's Pages (Trendsetter/Ladies & Gents 6x6 pad)
Stamps: JustRite Stampers (Kindness & Signs of Life sets)
Ink: Tsukineko (Versamark) & Clearsnap (Pigment: ruby, frost white)
Embossing Powder: Stampendous! (Detail White)
Ribbon: Renaissance by Design
Trim: craft supply
Jewel: Glitz Design
Flowers: Prima & Recollections
Glitter: DecoArt
Label Die: Spellbinders (Labels Twenty)
Diecut Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft 
Sandpaper

Instructions:  Fold kraft cardstock in half to make card base, and ink the edges with white ink.  Cut a floral paper block slightly smaller, sand the edges and wrap ribbon around the middle of it.  Adhere the entire block to the front and zig zag stitch along the edges.  Tie a bow from matching ribbon, adhere to the right side, and add a large clear jewel to the middle of it.  Add twine trim to the bottom of the ribbon, and as another set of "tails" to the bow.  Stamp the label to kraft cardstock in versamark, and cover in white embossing powder.  Heat set, and then stamp the sentiment to the middle.  Diecut the stamped label, and then adhere to the card front, tucking the left side into the bow a bit.  Cover the leaves in glitter, and then accent below the bow with flowers & leaves.  

In other fun news, I made the list of what "caught their eye" for Color Throwdown #140.  That is pretty cool!  And, I was also in the Top 3 for CASE study #38.  Yay! 
Well, thanks for hanging out with me a bit today!  I hope that you have a wonderful day, and can get a little crafty time in somewhere!  ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea L.

14 comments:

  1. you make such lovely cards! this is beautiful. i love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sentiment focus. Great stitching, that looks like a lot of work. Thanks for playing in Flourishes 3 in a row challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is STUNNING! I love this ! Gorgeous colours and design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a beautiful card - amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW...this is GORGEOUS!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant.
    Sheri-TPE DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness girl this is STUNNING!!!! hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card love the bold yellow ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful!! So happy you shared with The Pink Elephant!!
    Hugs-LORi

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is really gorgeous!! I love the embossing ,colors, and bow. Thanks for playing in the FTTC this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! The paper, the flowers, the stitching, that rustic trim! Love it! Thanks so much for playing the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Come back soon!
Hugs & ♥,
Lea