Sunday, February 2, 2014

Glitz - {oh you.}

Happy Sunday, blog friends!  How are you doing on this fine Super Bowl Sunday?  I've baked blue velvet cupcakes {which turned into more of a shade of really dark green than blue....thankfully I baked them in blue cupcake wrappers.  I knew I should have used the gel instead of food coloring...nothing I can do about it now though!  They will still taste good.}  We are heading over to our friends' house around 5pm to watch the game.  I'm rooting for the Broncos...how about you?

As I mentioned yesterday...I have a card to share that I am in LOVE with.  Considering that I have felt like my creativity has just been off lately....it is nice to actually really love something that I've created.  It uses some Glitz Wild & Free, new Winnie & Walter stamps, some Oh Deer Me kits from Freckled Fawn & a piece of flair from a past Studio Calico project life kit.  Check it out!
"Love You + Me" Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from white cardstock. 
2. Cut two thin strips of heart paper & one thicker strip of ombre paper, then adhere across the card. 
3. Cut a thicker strip of vellum, then adhere it a little off center from the ombre paper strip. 
4. Stamp the arrow & sentiment, cover in embossing powder and heat set. 
5. Layer a two tabs underneath the sentiment, then accent with a puffy heart sticker. 
6. Adhere the you + me stickers together, then add as the rest of the sentiment using foam adhesive.
7. Cluster the circle & heart embellishments to the top of the paper strip. 
8. Add a puffy conversation bubble & two enamel dots to the bottom of the strip to finish.

Card Challenges:

Like I said....I'm loving this card.  I started to use gold glitter on it, but then realized that silver would look so much better.  I'm glad that I went with my gut, because although gold is so trendy right now & I really do love it...I don't think I would have loved the outcome as much on this card if I had used it.  

Well, that is what I have for you today!  I hope that you enjoyed my card...I would love to hear what you think!  I hope that you have a great rest of your Sunday, & enjoy the Super Bowl if you are watching it! 

Until later, 
~L.

“Love You + Me” Supplies: 
Cardstock:  WPlus9 (white)
Patterned Paper: Glitz Design (Wild & Free: Dreamcatcher 12x12 & 6x6 paper pad)
Ink: Tsukineko (embossing ink)
Embossing Powder: American Crafts (Silver Glitter zing)
3x4 card/Heart Rhinestone: Glitz Design (Wild & Free)
Flair: Studio Calico (Marks & Co project life kit)
Puffy Stickers/Sequin Heart: Freckled Fawn (January 2014 Oh Deer Me kit)
Glittered Enamel Dots: Freckled Fawn (September 2013 Oh Deer Me kit)
Silver Glittered Tab: Martha Stewart Crafts
Tools: small corner punch, heat gun

20 comments:

  1. Love the detail on your card...x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really make the papers shine, Lea! I might need to buy them now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much yummy eye candy on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling card! I love the silver.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Lea, your cards always make my jaw drop. Always.
    And yes, I LOVE that Winnie&Walter stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! This is just fantastic! I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, Lea! I love the movement of the angle and the way the vellum makes the ombre paper so light and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving this card too! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is soooo lovely!!! Such a lot of detail to appreciate!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Lea. I agree, silver was the best choice for this card! Thanks so much for playing along at CASE Study.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love everything about this card. Perfect placement of little treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of beatiful elements on this card! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW. this is gorgeous! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card with so many great elements. Congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Lea, I love all your pretty details on your card. Great job. Thanks for playing along at CAS(E) this sketch and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card, Lea! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lea, I just love how you layer and combine things. It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is just awesome! Thanks for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Come back soon!
Hugs & ♥,
Lea